Ask a Urologist   »  

Itching penis, not STD, sleeplessness. What could it be?

My boyfriend has been itching his private area around his penis a lot? what could it be i know i'm clean of sexually transmitted infections but why does he do it during the night?! it keeps me up? He doesn't realise he's doing it?? answers please because i'm worried
Posted Sat, 21 Jul 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Thanks for writing.
Itching in that area is most commonly due to fungal infection. Kindly request him to see a doctor, get physically examined and if so there are topical ointments for the same.
If there is no fungus and if the area is clean, some people do it just as a habit and it just requires attention not to do it.
Hope I answered your query, kindly get back for doubts if any.., otherwise pls accept my answer.
DR G Srinivasan