Itching penis. Having swallowing problems, muscle ache. Tested for Syphilis and HIV. Prescribed antibiotics. Yeast infection?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon

I need some info about an itching part of my penis. I had it a month back and it went away, but not it has recurred, and this time I had problems swallowing, muscle ache, but no fever or loss of appetite. I was tested for Syphilis and HIV and the results came back negative. My doctor prescribed me some antibiotics and a cream to apply to the itching part. It's been two days now, the muscle ache has stopped, but the itching is still there.

Can it be a case of yeast infection, or herbes?

Thank you advance.
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Ivan Romic 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for the query.

It doesnt looks like herpes. It can be STD, bacterial or yeast infection and 5-7 days of antibiotic treatment is neccesarry till it works. Improvement cant be seen after 2 days,so just be patinet for few more days, this is nothing serious. You probably got antibiotics which covers most common STDs and antifungal/steorid cream. This should be enough for recovery, but if there is no improvement after 5 days,you should do swab urethral test and serologic blood tests to find the exact cause which then can be treated by right medicines. Also,avoid sexual intercourse and mastrurbation till symptoms subside.
Those other symptoms you are experiecing indicate some respiratory viral infection in most cases. Acute retroviral sy is the last thing to think of,but it is good that you ruled out HIV and Syphilis,everything else is easily treatable.
Wish you good health. If you have questions I ll be glad to help. Regards
Follow-up: Itching penis. Having swallowing problems, muscle ache. Tested for Syphilis and HIV. Prescribed antibiotics. Yeast infection? 11 minutes later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX I'll leave the discussion open till am done with the medication and I'll get back to you.

Am waiting for my hemogram blood test from the hospital, done yesterday and I forgot to ask for a copy. Is it okay if I send it to you for review?
Answered by Dr. Ivan Romic 30 minutes later
Of course,you can also send me new photos after the treatment.