Is weight lifting safe post angioplasty and stent placement?

I had angioplasty and stent placement on Nov. 14, 2014. I am a 59 year old man. I was lifting weights before the procedure. May I resume lifting weights?
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Not recommended to start lifting weights. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concern with XXXXXXX Usually, weight lifting is not recommended after such procedure. You should start aerobic exercises under strict medical observation or as recommended by your doctor. You can look for a Cardiac Rehabilitation center/staff at the place you live in order to gradually start exercising while strictly monitoring your heart status. At the end, I strongly suggest not to start lifting weights unless your cardiologist permission. All the best! Dr.Benard
Follow-up: Is weight lifting safe post angioplasty and stent placement? 11 hours later
Would you be able to put me in touch with any cardiologist that also does weight training in the United States?
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer... Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. I have noticed that your current location is Syosset, NY. Unfortunately, our work is based in Europe. However, I found a cardiac and pulmonary rehab center in NY and found out the many health policies (including Medicare) can cover rehab programes. You can follow the link below for more details: WWW.WWWW.WW I'd advise to consult with your cardiologist first as you might need to fill up the application form where your cardiologist must give his/her notes too. This is all I can do in distance! All the best! Dr.Benard
Follow-up: Is weight lifting safe post angioplasty and stent placement? 7 hours later
Thank you for your help. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Glad to have assisted you..All the best! Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Happy to come to know I'd been of help. Wishing the best for you! Dr.Benard If you are satisfied with my answer, please close this thread and kindly give a positive feedback by rating it. Thank you!