Is travelling safe after treatment of broken pelvis?

My mother who is 76 broke her pelvis about 2 and 1/2 weeks ago. She has been in rehab for the last 2 weeks and will be discharged tomorrow. She is still in some pain but is beginning to be mobile. We had planned a trip to Aruba in 2 3 weeks. She lives in New York and would travel with my sister. So she would be on a plane for about 4 hours. She loves Aruba and she could get some walking and water therapy down their. She could respite down there. Do you think the travel is doable or is it XXXXXXX for her to travel
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: she can travel Detailed Answer: Hi I am dr Alok sorry about your mother's suffering. I think she can go on plane, its a short journey, But in elderly, chance of DVT (blood clot in legs) is high. So she should do some leg exercise in plane, and if possible, some gentle walking in plane Hope this will help