Is tingling and numbness in hand and cheek a matter of concern?

My daughter has been suffering from a stomach virus with about 1 day of vomiting and 2 days of fever. She went back to school today and experience first tingling, then numbness in one hand, and later her cheeks. Any cause for concern?
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dehydration Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query The most common cause for such tingling and numbness after a stomach infection is dehydration. The second cause could be a post viral syndrome. It is not a cause for concern if it has occurred once with spontaneous recovery. However if it occurs again and she also notices weakness of the hand/ arm then please approach your GP for a clinical examination. My suggestions are 1. Keep her well hydrated. let her drink atleast 5 glasses of water a day 2. Let her take multivitamin tablets for 15 days. 3. Check the body temperature twice a day to rule out fever I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you daughter good health Regards