Is there any way to get rid of acne scar?

Hi, I had left with acne scars on my face and now i want to get rid of it. is their any way to get a scar free skin?. If yes what is the treatment, procedure and the cost. And in which hospital is it available. what are the side effects of it and in what time it will get healed.

Posted Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in .
Acne scars can be treated effectively now and you can expect upto 70-80 % improvement.
Treatment modalities include dermaroller and subsicion also fractional CO2 laser can be a good option.chemical peeling with glycolic acid can be a good option.

5 to 7 sittings of any of the modality would be required for optimum effect.
The most effective treatment would be combination of dermarolller with CO2 laser.
Costs of the treatment for chemical peeling and dermaroller would be anywhere around 1.5 to 4 thousand per sitting.
Laser can be a little more costly and upto 5thousand rs per sitting would be required.
However cost depends on type of clinic and city and extent of scars.

Any dermatologist with MD credentials can provide you with these treatment.
Home based treatment is retino a cream at night time daily over scars .this will serve as priming for any procedure.
I will be available for follow up.
Dr Sudarshan
MD dermatologist.
Follow-up: Is there any way to get rid of acne scar? 20 minutes later
Please suggest Doctors in mumbai for the same.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi Again,

Goels Cutis Skin Studio @ Namdar House Ground Floor, Opp Bandra Police Station, 89 Hill Road, Bandra West, Mumbai , is a good place to get treatment.

Or you can visit your nearest dermatologist with MD credentials and have a personal consultation for treatment.

Hope this helps.