Is there any tablet to postpone periods?

Hi, i want to postpone my periods by three to four days as i want to travel out of city tomorrow.i am expecting my periods any time now. is there any tablet in India which i can take for this. please help.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Yes, drugs like progesterone and estrogen when given in exact proportions can postpone the periods. One such medication where both the drugs are in combination is the contraceptive pills.

Also a drug named Norethisterone can postpone the periods.

Either of the above drugs need to be given in appropriate dosage which can be ascertained by physical examination only.

Also today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation.

Do visit your gynecologist who can formulate a specific dosage for you according to your needs.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.