Is there any risk of HIV transmission through a non bleeding cut on mouth?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
is any risk of transmitting HIV through a non bleed cut to the mouth of another person? the cut was in the finger, but the small contact was after cleaned several minutes after. No blood was present.
The person (a baby) has vomiting now without apparent reasons. I am very concerned about that. The incident was like a week ago.
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 20 minutes later
Hi and welocme to XXXXXXX
First, you dont need to worry. There is no risk of HIV transmission as there is no direct access to bloodstream. In case you are describing there is no even theoretic possiblity for transimission. It is only possible, but also doubtful, that HIV is transmitted from open bleding wound to another open bleeding wound, so reason for his vomiting is something else, gastroenteritis or food allergy,or any viral respiratory infection. OF course, HIV positive people need to take care not to increase HIV transmission possibility,especially in contact with babies,but in this case I assure you that nothing happened.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"