Is there any relation between nose bleed and blood pressure?

Hi, i am 71 yrs old, about 20 lbs overweight, I was have trouble with a nose bleed so have been checking blood pressure for 2 days. Yesterday varied 122/84 p61 to 149/68 when up at 6 am 120/65 P70 8:15 am 142/79 P65 now 150/74 P80 I am not taking any blood pressure medication. What do you suggest? I have an appointment with my doctor in 2 days.
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Bleeding not due to BP. ENT examination Detailed Answer: Hello. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You nose bleed is not due to Hypertension. Because nose bleed can occur in Very high blood pressure condition ie. Hypertensive crisis. It would not occur at your current blood pressure. Thus Nose bleeding could be due to other causes 1. Dry nose- Due to dry air circulation in nose 2. Allergies 3. Sinusitis 4. Bleeding from polyps in nose 5. Nose prick 6. Bleeding disorders. You need through ENT examination and further investigations to find the cause. 1. Full blood count including platelet count 2. Liver function test 3. Bleeding and clotting time 4. Nasal endoscopic examination to find out the nasal diseases. Then consult with ENT surgeon. Please exercise regularly to reduce Atleast 45 minutes per day for 5 days a week. Avoid deep fried foods and junk foods. Take plenty of vegetables and fruits. Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries. Wishing you good health.