Is there any problem if 50 tablet of tryptomer 25 mg is taken at a time?

at the time take 50 tablet of tryptomer 25mg.what problem comes,my sister take daily 1 tablet
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 40 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

Tryptomer is an anti-depressant medication and can be given in nerve pain/migraine prophylaxis.
Tryptomer is always prescribed in lowest possible dose.

MAXIMUM daily dose for tryptomer is 300 mg/day.

50 tablets of 25 mg = 1250 mg ; which is definitely going to cause overdose side effects.

These include - Seizures, cardiac dysrhythmias, apnea,tachycardia, hallucination, muscle stiffness, nausea, constipation, nervousness, dizziness/drowsiness, blurred vision, urinary retention, and changes in sexual function.

If any of the above mentioned symptoms develop; then person has to be admitted to get toxicity treated.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.