Is there any possibility of getting pregnant by fingering?

Nephrologist
Question
is there pregnancy risk with manual sex (fingering)? No direct genital contact at all, but is there a risk if lets say he came in his pants and accidently touched a spot before fingering?? Would there have to be a noticable amount on semen/ ejaculate on his hand which he would have noticed for it to be considered a risk?? thanks!! Some posts online say yes others say no. I need some clarification.
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 22 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

I need to know a little more in order to help you out

1. Are your cycles regular? Which day of the cycle are you?
2. How long ago did this incident happen? If it was a month ago, did you miss your period?

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Is there any possibility of getting pregnant by fingering? 7 hours later
Cycle lenght 31/33 days .... Last period: 7 july. Incident accured: 20 july.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 9 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for replying

Since there was no actual intercourse there is no risk of pregnancy. Most of the sperms would have died in the pants itself.
However if you miss your period this time I advice you take a pregnancy test.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further queries I will be happy to reply

Follow-up: Is there any possibility of getting pregnant by fingering? 6 hours later
Thanks. Also if I was to use a pregnancy test when should I test. Today is the 6th ... My period is due on the 10th/11th. Is it early to test? If I ovulated around 25th when would the pregnancy urine test first show positive? Thanks

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 29 minutes later
Hello

The urine pregnancy test will show positive around the time of the period. Do it around 14th of this month, that is if you have not got your periods. I am pretty sure that you will.

Thanks again

Follow-up: Is there any possibility of getting pregnant by fingering? 24 hours later
Hi again, ive been driving myself mad over the incident that I explained in the above post. I really need some closure and understanding of what is and isnt a risk? Could you pleasr tell mr if pregnancy is likely to happen from fingering alone? No direct genital contact at all. If he had unnoticeable amount of his fluid on his finger is that enough to impregnate you?? Im reading countless posts online and im confused as some sat its not possible through indirect transfer and in order for pregnancy to accur is to have direct contact with semen ..... Finger touching sperm would not pose a risk? Is this correct?? Could you please help me out and verify what is a risk and what isnt? looking forward to your reply. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 5 minutes later
Hello again

I don't think you are at risk of pregnancy. Even the exposure of his hands to the ejaculation was too minimal to cause pregnancy.

Follow-up: Is there any possibility of getting pregnant by fingering? 55 minutes later
Thank you for such a quick response. That makes me feel better. So in other words indirect transfer or a hand touching some ejaculate is not something that can create pregnancy?? Im sorry for repeating the same thing but I feel paranoid .... I just need yo clarify that I understood your point.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 18 minutes later
Hello

Direct ejaculation into the hand and then fingering with the same hand immediately can create pregnancy but in your case the ejaculation was into the pants so there is no risk of pregnancy

Thank you

Follow-up: Is there any possibility of getting pregnant by fingering? 1 hour later
Ok. So even if accidently he got some unnoticeable amout of ejaculate on his hand it wouldnt be enough to couse a pregnancy risk? But if he ejaculated on his hand directly and immidiately fingered me without wiping it off then in that case it can be a risk,? Is that right? But wouldnt someone know if that was the case, semen can be felt on hands correct?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later
Hello

If there is unnoticeable amount of semen on his hands and if he fingered after wiping then there is no risk of pregnancy.

Yes semen is a viscous fluid which can be felt on the hands

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further queries please don't hesitate to ask

Ok thanks. How about getting in contact with precum? (same scenario ..... No direct contact/no intercourse/ just fingering (manual sex) ... Would a hand touching some precum pose pregnancy risk

Hello

Precum contains sperms and it does pose risks of pregnancy. However in your case I don't think there is any risk of pregnancy

Thanks again