Is there any permanent cure to diabetics ?

Question
sir, i am having diabetics from 4 to 5 years i am taking some tablets refered by doctors my friend said that your tablets will cure the diabetics soon can u send me ur tablets.
name;n.balamugunthan
age :40 (9.12.1971)
height:167cm
weight:71kg
now eating tablets :glycinorm M80 mg,arbitel 40 mg ,turbovas 5,
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query. What you are having is type 2 diabetes. In this, there is a problem in the way your body makes or uses insulin. Glycinorm M 80 contains gliclazide and metformin and is one of the good treatments of diabetes. You have to get your blood sugar levels checked at regular intervals and if they rise in spite of taking this medicine then another drug like thiazolidinediones need to be prescribed.

These medicines are available by prescription and other than these and injectible Insulin there are no drugs to control blood sugar levels. Try to maintain a healthy lifestyle by walking briskly for 45 min to 1 hour daily and take a diet less in added sugars like sweets, cakes etc.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health.