Is there any permanent cure for diabetes?

I have diabetis and I have had it for 41 years. I am tired of taking shots, pricking my fingers, shot my stomach with long acting insulin. there is no cure, I just want to stop everything and leave planet earth, there is no cure. They say it progresses, I do not smoke, or drink alcohol, I eat a balanced diet,I am on oxygen 24 /7 It seems that this is progressive why bother.
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 2 hours later

Thanks for writing.

I went through the details submitted and I request you to not get depressed.

Yes, diabetes has no cure as of now. But by God's grace we hope to find a cure for it in the future.

I can understand it would be extremely hard and frustrating to go through all the procedures, blood tests, insulin, etc. But do not forget people fought for life even under much worse scenario facing even much hard ships.

I always suggest my patients to look at the good things in life. The morning sunshine; the natures beauty; face of a smiling kid; etc. Be brave and put up a fight - in the best way possible - and enjoy the little things you can come across. The whole world requires the support and wisdom of citizens like you. Please spread the good things and experiences that you garnered through out your life.

We all hope to have cure for diabetes at the earliest, so that many more patients such you can get back to their normal life. In the mean time, I would also suggest you to consult a psychiatrist nearby. You should be feeling better with a few counseling sessions.

Hope this helps. I will be available for further assistance.