Is there any complication of hysterotomy for termination of pregnancy.

Question
Posted Sun, 3 Dec 2017 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please elaborate.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

Please let me know why do you need to terminate the pregnancy and if there are any associated complications.

Hysterotomy is suggested as the last resort if everything else fails in terminating a pregnancy. This is because of the blood loss, recovery time needed and also the risk for future pregnancy.

Hope I have clarified your query. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Is there any complication of hysterotomy for termination of pregnancy. 42 minutes later
So you mean hysterotomy can cause heavy blood loss, require more recovery time and have a risk for future pregnancy?

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Hysterotomy-
1. Can cause more blood loss as the uterus is not in labor and hence has thick musculature.
2. This leads to longer recovery period as compared to other procedures adopted to induce an abortion.
3. In case another pregnancy is planned in near future, the chances of abnormal placental presentation are higher owing to scarring.

Hope this helps.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Is there any complication of hysterotomy for termination of pregnancy. 8 minutes later
Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are always welcome.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your feedback. You are always welcome to contact us.

Wish you good health.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Is there any complication of hysterotomy for termination of pregnancy. 6 minutes later
I am not planning for any future kids. (already 2 kids). Any issue with placental scaring.

Last question.

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No chance without any pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for sharing your health concern with us.

As you are not planning another pregnancy, please opt for permanent sterilization if possible. There is nothing to worry if you do not have another pregnancy.

Hope this helps.

regards,
Shanti.V.