Is there any chances of HIV by sucking nipple. What test should be done?

Hello Doctor,
I am here for the expert advice pleaseā€¦
I met a girl 4 days back and we came to close each other. We did not involve in any intercourse activity. I only sucked her nipples in a dark place, wherein I did not notice any blood came out from her nipple but I felt some kind of liquid, one drop only. I am not sure whether it was blood or liquid.

I have the following questions running in my mind:
1.     I know that the HIV can be transmitted by blood to blood transmission. At the time of sucking her nipple I felt some kind of liquid, one drop only, but I did not see it whether it was blood or what, as there was a dark in room. Further, I want to add that sometime, I have bleeding gum. So is there any risk involved in this activity, if both blood mixed with each other?
2.     I read on internet that for blood to blood transmission needs a lot of bloods. But in above case it could be only 1 or 2 droops. What is true?
3.     How much risk is involved in above activity, is that 100 % says to acquire HIV by this activity. I read that 1 case is there in 1000 unprotected exposures, then what would be in above.
4.     Have you ever been come to know about HIV transmission by the above mentioned activity? Any case has been recorded anywhere in the world by this method?
5.     I have read on internet that, saliva stop entering the virus. But what if infected blood direct contact to blood in mouth. Will saliva do its work? And what if I had swallowed that blood.
6.     Do you think should I go for testing? I am really freaking out. I have been delayed my marriage by one month due to this incident. If yes for testing, pls. suggest me test name that can be taken after 1 month, and which upon I can rely.

Thanks a lot..!
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

I can understand your anxiety but there is very less possibility of HIV transmission by this incidence.

It is very low level of exposure.

Even if we consider it was blood then also it is a low level exposure and transmission rate is extremely low.

Saliva has antiviral substances which neutralize virus.

Also HIV positive mothers who continously feed baby for year have only 25 percent chances of transmission.

No such case has been reported or I have came across.

Also milk has an antiviral substances.

considering all this you have low risk of HIV.

Only way to confirm this is by testing for HIV .

Elisa and PCR for HIV are the test advisable.

Negative test will be confirmed at 3months post exposure.

Hope this helps.

I would be available for follow up.

Dr Sudarshan.
HIV specialist.