Is there a particular surgery that can tighten the sphincter?

is there a particular surgery that can tighten the sphincter? I had a very painful bowel movement a few years ago and it loosened my sphincter, to wear usually gas doesn't make noise anymore. It sounds like air escaping a tire most of the time. I'd like to correct this if possible.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

I can understand your concern. But, first of all the problem needs to be found before thinking about the surgery of this kind. I want to reassure you that there exists various treatment plans for your kind of problem but the cause of symptoms need to be identified initially. This is possible by assessment using some investigations like Anoscopy, Rectosigmoidoscopy etc. I want you to XXXXXXX a Surgical Gastroenterologist to properly diagnose the cause of your symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health.