Is there a need to test for HIV 2 if HIV 1 result is negative?

On 4th november I visited the sex worker, she was helping me for the masturbation, means gave me the handjob. That time I not wore a condom on penis and even I don’t know she has any cut or sore on her hand when she was helping me for the masturbation, I don't know I had any kind of blood contact from her hands on tip of penis and transmitted HIV through that, I don’t have wound or cut on Penis and Pubic part with above incident I deiced to do HIV DNA PCR, means after one month, today I have done HIV 1 DNA PCR (WB) in SRL Ranbaxy , and result is non-reactive, means HIV-1 not detected, in that test they are not mentioned about HIV 2, do I need to check HIV 2 with WB HIV 1 is not detected is that means I am completely out of danger?, or need to do another test for HIV 2. and if the HIV 1 not found in human's body with DNA PCR test, how much chances to find HIV 2 in that case?
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There are separate DNA PCR tests for HIV 1 and HIV Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! There are separate DNA PCR tests for HIV 1 and HIV 2. But, DNA PCR test for HIV 2 is not available in many labs . Moreover, HIV 2 is rare compared to HIV 1. It is common in African countries but cases have also been reported from Southwestern India, Brazil etc. HIV 2 EIA and HIV 2 WB are the good tests to detect it. Hope I have answered your query. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!
Follow-up: Is there a need to test for HIV 2 if HIV 1 result is negative? 37 minutes later
I have DNA PCR test (with METHOD : NESTED POLYMERASE CHAIN REACTION ) , after one month of this my incident is that test proper, just copy and pasting main part of the test please check and give me the feedback " HIV DNA DETECTOR HIV-1 DNA NOT DETECTED METHOD : NESTED POLYMERASE CHAIN REACTION Test Method(s) HIV DNA DETECTOR-DNA Polymerase Chain Reaction
Answered by Dr. Guru 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for follow up! I have gone through your update but the answer remains same. However, I want to reassure you that transmission of HIV in the way you described the incident is very very rare. So, request you to be reassured. Take Care!