Ask a Urologist   »  

Is there a cure for bulging dark veins on the erected penis?

hi, ive noticed worm like bulging dark veins developed on my penis when erect/flacid. i am sure it wasnt there a week ago. is it life threatening and need surgery? is there any way of curing this without going to the local general practitioner? i like to keep this a private matter and not known locally.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 20 minutes later

Thanks for the query.I think what you have noticed is absolutely normal.

In all males this blood vessels are seen on the surface of penis.The shape and pattern may be different in individuals but it is normal.

In flaccid stage these veins are not prominent.When one gets erection the blood flow the penile vessels increase.This leads to filling of them with blood and they become prominently visible.In fact it is the blood flowing that is responsible for erection and its maintenance.

In my opinion what you have is normal and there is no need to worry.However, if you are anxious about it, local examination by your doctor is the only option. You need treatment which will not be possible without your local doctor examining you.

I hope this answers your query,I will be available for follow up.