Ask a Urologist   »  

Is there a condition called penis envy?

I am a 59 yr old male probaly a dump question is there such a condition as penis envy in men? I am just curious I have suffered with this my whole life
Posted Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Envy is one of the most common emotions and can be felt for anything or anyone at any time.
It is possible to feel envy for any physical feature including aspects of the genitalia such as the penis.Penile insecurity can be found because penile size is often thought to related to manhood.

Insecurity regarding a physical feature can occur on its own or be one symptom in a medical illness such as anxiety or depression.
It can, possibly, have a negative effect on interpersonal relationships.

In some persons,if the problem is severe, counselling sessions with a psychologist may be necessary to overcome the problem.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions