Is the formula of Electrocine same as before? Does it have side effects?

Hi, I am taking electrocine 100 mg for the past few years. I have heared that the formula of the pills has being changes and there are sideeffects.. are the tablets formulas the same as before?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 8 hours later

I infer that you might be receiving 100 micrograms of levothyroxine per day. I do not believe that electrocine is being marketed as a new formulation. The new formulation is available for a drug called eltroxin ( which also contains levo-thyroxine) which is being marketed since July 2007 by Glaxo XXXXXXX Klein.

There are some reports that people on eltroxin are not able to absorb the levo-thyroxine very well from this new formulation and they are having symptoms of low thyroid function such as lethargy, tiredness, weight gain, memory disturbances and mental processing problems, muscle weakness and muscle and joint pains. A second group of people have documented blurred vision, headaches, and eye pain or eye discomfort - with or without accompanying itchy eyes. The third group comprises events that appear to be of an allergic nature with events such as rash, urticaria / hives and angioedema.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no more questions.