Is the bump in my lip be due to surgical stitches?

Back in March I blacked out and fell face down. I cut my upper lip in the middle and had stitches put in. Now I have a bump in the middle of my lip. Could there be liquid in the bump or is this the result from the stitches? What can I do to get rid of the bump?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 minutes later

After the stitches, the bump in the area can either be due to excessive fibrous tissue as a result of healing process or there can be a foreign body or suture material left inside causing the formation of a chronic granuloma. A liquid in the bump is less likely.

I hope you took an adequate antibiotic cover after the stitches were placed.

A careful examination is an integral part of diagnosing the problem in your case.

I would suggest you to go for a follow up visit to the surgeon who treated you in march and he will suggest you the best line of treatment after diagnosing your problem.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.