Is taking Ecospirin safe during pregnancy?

I am 35 weeks pregnant and my age is 26.This is my first pregnancy.My height is 160 cm and weight is 77 kgs now(before prgenancy it was 65 kg).My baby weight at 35 weeks is 2.365 kgs.In my previous scan it was told that my amniotic fluid index was 8 cm at 31 weeks and i was prescribed deodavlin tablet to maintain the fluid content and advised to take lots of fluids and to take bed rest.And i went for a scan at 35 weeks and now my fluid content is 7 cm and the cord is suspected to be around the babys neck in scan in single loop.My doctor has prescribed me now ecospirin 75 (aspirin delayed release )tablets for 20 days.Is it safe to take ecospirin 75 in 35,36,37 weeks of pregnancy as prescribed.??I could see the instruction citing that the medicine should not be taken in last three months of pregnancy unless prescribed by physician.Will taking Ecospirin 75 be of any harm to foetus and cause any bleeding or any side effects now..I don't have any Pressure ,sugar,bleeding complaints so far...currently i don't have any weezing problem but i used to get weezing trouble when i catch cough and cold..and i had weezing issue in my 6 th month of pregnancy and have taken treatment for that and got cured then.
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ecosprin will not harm fetus . Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for writing to HCM. You are now 35 weeks pregnant, nearing term. AFI according to my opinion, upto 7 is not a concern, still within normal limit and wt. gain of baby is just ok. Duvadilan was prescribed to you to prevent preterm labour and to keep uterus relaxed . In my practice, I usually try to stop Ecosprin to my patients by 34 weeks of pregnancy. It is not contraindicated and will not harm fetus but may be your dr. is giving you this for 20 days only and she is likely to extend your pregnancy till 37 weeks, means term pregnancy. Don't worry, she is your best judge and will take care. It will not induce any bleeding. We are only concerned that if some intervention likely to occur at this stage, then risk of a little extra bleeding. Thanks.
Follow-up: Is taking Ecospirin safe during pregnancy? 2 hours later
Thank you for the reply.To reconfirm, will weezing problem or being allergic to pencillin will be an issue in taking ecospirin ??Any Donts that has to be followed when ecospirin is prescribed.. Also my doctor told that the cord around the neck of the baby as mentioned in the scan is not an issue...just to be very there any complications that can be caused because of the cord being around babys neck during labor?
Answered by Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Regarding Ecosprin and cord round neck Detailed Answer: Hi, Your concern is true and I can well understand that there can be an issue taking ecosprin and wheezing. Aspirin being an NSAID can induced asthma in some people. You can discuss the issue with your treating doctor and consider the need or benefits versus risks of taking the drug. If I were to be the treating doctor, I would closely watch you during the first few days of ecosprin when you have history of wheezing. Avoid spicy food while on ecosprin it increases risk of gastritis. And take them always after food. It has no serious interaction with other medicine, but avoid using other pain killers. And yes, watch out for bleeding tendency, stomach ulcer,and again asthma. For cord round neck, as such it does not cause any harm, unless it is very short length or wound tightly round the neck of baby. This can be monitored during labour by your doctor. Hope it helped. Regards