Is small amount of alcohol intake safe after liver trasplant?
User rating for this question
Sir, my liver transplant was held on 23.04.11. due to alcohalic liver.I have to attend three marriages in next month. Can i take small amount of alcohal.
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Avoid alcohol at any cost. Psychiatrist advice. Detailed Answer: Hello, Please avoid the alcohol at any cost. You must abstain permanently from alcohol. Because even small amounts of alcohol after a liver transplant can seriously damage the new liver. Please consult a psychiatrist and Psychologist. Even you should avoid Non alcoholic Beer. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- Cipralex and alcohol consumption
- Air bubbles in ankle joints
- Liver sore after alcohol
- Drinking alcohol on lipo 6 black
- Is small amount of alcohol intake safe after liver trasplant
- Effect of alcohol on implanon
- Removing gallbladder during pregnancy
- Going gym during jaundice
- Liver repair after alcohol
- Liver recovery after alcoholism
- Itp and alcohol consumption
- Hair oil during jaundice
- If reduce alcohol intake will liver repair
- Spot found on liver during ultrasound
- Shadow found in liver during ultrasound scan