Is small amount of alcohol intake safe after liver trasplant?

Sir, my liver transplant was held on 23.04.11. due to alcohalic liver.I have to attend three marriages in next month. Can i take small amount of alcohal.
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Avoid alcohol at any cost. Psychiatrist advice. Detailed Answer: Hello, Please avoid the alcohol at any cost. You must abstain permanently from alcohol. Because even small amounts of alcohol after a liver transplant can seriously damage the new liver. Please consult a psychiatrist and Psychologist. Even you should avoid Non alcoholic Beer. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.