Is small amount of alcohol intake safe after liver trasplant?
User rating for this question
Sir, my liver transplant was held on 23.04.11. due to alcohalic liver.I have to attend three marriages in next month. Can i take small amount of alcohal.
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Avoid alcohol at any cost. Psychiatrist advice. Detailed Answer: Hello, Please avoid the alcohol at any cost. You must abstain permanently from alcohol. Because even small amounts of alcohol after a liver transplant can seriously damage the new liver. Please consult a psychiatrist and Psychologist. Even you should avoid Non alcoholic Beer. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- Liver sore after alcohol
- Sgpt standard
- Tmt test positive means
- Effects of elevated sgpt and sgot
- My sgpt and sgot and cholesterol level is very high
- Risk of high sgpt
- What does ptb wise means
- Is small amount of alcohol intake safe after liver trasplant
- Throat prusser what does that mean
- What do shadows on the prostrate mean
- Jaundice after hernia surgery
- Liver repair after alcohol
- Liver recovery after alcoholism
- What does rare wbcs mean
- If reduce alcohol intake will liver repair