Is slightly elevated platelets levels a matter of concern?

I have mildly elevated platelets 379 normal mine is 405. High microalbumin 30 and mild elevation of LDL. Former breast cancer patient and also had a pulmonary embolism after surgery. Should I be worried about the platelet count?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please upload your lab reports to asisst further.. Detailed Answer: Hi, Usually, the levels of 405 and up to 410 of platelets are considered within normal (acceptable) levels. However, I kindly ask to have your lab reports in order to assist you further! You are saying to face pulmonary embolism after surgery. Can you please specify the time of being diagnosed with breast cancer, when did you have the surgery? Taking into account your medical history and overall general health, to my judgement, the slightly elevated platelets levels are not to be worried about. However, as you are also having a history of hypertension and pulmonary embolism, I advised to take baby aspirin on daily basis. Looking forward to have your lab results in! Thank you! Dr.Albana