Is sauna belt advisable to reduce weight?

I am a male, 26 yrs old, getting married in 2 months. I have 178 cm height and around 95 kg weight. I dont have any medical abnormalities. Sir, do you think Sauna belt is advisable for me to reduce my weight and tummy in this short span. pl advise me.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query

Sauna belt is a kind of massager and does not help in weight loss.

Kindly do not waste your money in these products.The only effective and sustained way to loose weight is through diet and exercise.Since only two months are left for the marriage consider joining a gym or a Yoga class which you can do under a trainer so that he can guide you accordingly and help in weight loss.

Some suggestions for you:
1)Get up in the morning and go for a brisk walk daily for half an hour.
2)Avoid fatty,oily,junk food intake.
3)Drink lots of water.
4)Avoid smoking and alcohol.
5)Have more of salads and fruits.

You can also consult a Dietician who can plan your diet suited to your needs and also help in weight loss.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if any.
Follow-up: Is sauna belt advisable to reduce weight? 14 minutes later
Thanks for your advice Doctor.

Do you think that Sauna belt cant even help me in getting better shape by reducing the fats? And will there be any side effects due to the usage of that?
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 4 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up

Fat cannot be dissolved by just massage therapy.

You require to lose excess calories by means of some physical exercise which would tone the body and help in shedding weight.

Regarding the side effects as it is a heat therapy prolonged use might burn sensitive skin .

Hope this helps
Follow-up: Is sauna belt advisable to reduce weight? 1 hour later
Thank you. So i have decided to do both physical exercises and do massage using Sauna. I hope it will work for me.

And any typical diet pattern that you can suggest me to lose weight significantly in 2 months?
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thanks again.

For a particular diet pattern you can consult a Dietician who can plan the meals according to your age,height,weight,favourite cuisine,eating hours and can also follow you up after a particular time period to check if that is helping you in losing weight.

You can also consult any Dietician through Healthcare Magic portal. We have experienced dietitians who can design Personalized Weight Management Program with Diet Plan and Exercise. You can take their help at this link: WWW.WWWW.WW
All the best!