Ask a Urologist   »  

Is reduction in penile size possible ? What could be the cause of sore and tight feeling in penis while masturbating ?

Question
The other day while masturbating, my penis began to feel sore and "tight", and refused to go to full size. I decided to give it a rest, as I have been masturbating quite constantly over the past few months, but a week later it still has this "tight" sensation. The reason I am so worried, is because a few years back my penis could get to 8" while masturbating, but now only a few years later, I'm lucky if it gets to 6". My diet hasn't changed, and I'm still in the same shape. My concern is that my penis seems to be getting shorter and shorter, and I want to know how to fix it.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Pain in the penis or the sore feeling you are having can be there for many reasons. For your information, I will discuss about each of them.

First cause is Trauma to penis-- In your case , there is no history of such incident.

Second cause is -- hormonal imbalance-- Again you are not suffering from this because, you are not giving history of any feminine features.

Third cause is excessive tobacco abuse-- Again there is no such thing in your history.

Forth cause may be- Excessive masturbation. This is a likely possibility in your case.

Fifth and the most common cause is Stress.

Sixth cause may be inflammation of penile mucosa and other structures like corpus spongiosum. This can be ruled out by your urologist.

Regarding the decrease in the size of penis over time, let me inform you that the size of penis after erection depends on the extent of blood supply that is entering into the penis after sexual stimulation. Repeated masturbation gradually decreases the interest in the activity, delays the arousal and decreases the maximum stimulation that is achieved.

It is best to have good couple intimacy, reduce stress, indulge in foreplay and stop masturbating to get back your original size.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Is reduction in penile size possible ? What could be the cause of sore and tight feeling in penis while masturbating ? 1 hour later
Is there anything I could have done, to have permanently harmed my penis, or that will not allow it to ever reach its full size?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.

There is nothing like permanent damage done by doing masturbation. It will resume its full size just by stopping masturbation.

Anything done in excess will cause adverse effects.

Sincerely hope it will help.
Wishing you an early recovery.

Follow-up: Is reduction in penile size possible ? What could be the cause of sore and tight feeling in penis while masturbating ? 2 days later
"Sixth cause may be inflammation of penile mucosa and other structures like corpus spongiosum. This can be ruled out by your urologist."

I know you said to speak with an urologist, but if it was this, would the damage be permanent? Would it be a good idea to speak with an urologist? What should I look for so I know if speaking with an urologist is a good idea or not? I apologize, I just really need to know what the problem is.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for the query,

Inflammation of penile mucosa is a temporary problem and can be cured with the help of proper antibiotics.

If treated properly and timely it does not cause any permanent damage.

The warning symptoms are penile discharge, pain, redness, painful erections, etc.

Your urologist will help you in suggesting an appropriate medicine after proper examination.

Hope this helps.
Thank you.