Is pancreatitis cyst operation fatal?

Question
Is pancreatitis cyst operation fatal?
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 56 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Straight answer to your question is NO.However if the pancreatic cyst is associated with pancreatic cancer then it is usually fatal within a short period of time.

The most important aspect of management of pancreatic cysts is the determination of whether a cyst is benign (and usually needs no treatment) or if it is cancerous and must be removed.
The second most important aspect of management is to determine whether a patient with a precancerous or cancerous pancreatic cyst is a suitable surgical candidate. 
So you should not worry about it as the surgery for pancreatic cyst has same risks as other surgeries.
I think I have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.
Thanks