Is pain in side when moving, breathing or coughing due to pulled muscle?

General Surgeon
I just posted a question regarding pain in my upper left side, my.breast after having pnuemonia. it also hurts to move, breath and cough. today my back began to hurt. the dr I talked to.said ot recurrent pneumonia. could it possibly be a pulled muscle from coughing?
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: coula be Pleurisy or musculoskeletal pain Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms If the complaint you are having is just pain and the pain which aggravate with coughing is likely to be due to one of the two causes in the absence of other symptom like fever or breathlessness 1. Pleurisy : There is sometimes persistent inflammation of the covering of the lung that is Pleura which causes Persistent pain. It does not require any specific treatment. Anti-inflammatory drug like Ibuprofen will be beneficial 2. Musculoskeletal pain: The pain could also be due to pulled muscle due to prolonged coughing. Anti-inflammatory drug ibuprofen along with hot water fomentation will be helpful. There is no cause for concern. In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon