Is my blood pressure high because doctor seems concerned? Cyclosporin dosage has been dropped.

My blood pressure was tested this morning and came back 135 over 102 I'm on cyclosporin and my dose has now been dropped because of this - is this blood pressure high as they seemed concerned?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 33 minutes later

From your history, I understand that you are suffering from Psoriasis and are currently on Cyclosporin and Fluoxetin.

Your last blood pressure reading of 135/102 is high as far as the lower reading of 102 is concerned.

Based on this information, I would like to comment the following:

1. Get your blood pressure measured with a mercury sphygmomanometer rather than any electronic instrument at two separate times since this is the most accurate method of measuring Blood pressure by non invasive means.

2. Cyclosporin has the potential to increase the blood pressure hence the dropping of dose of cyclosporin is a absolutely correct and recommended at this stage.

3. In most likelihood your Blood pressure should return to normal on the dropping of Cyclosporin dose.

4. If that does not lower your Blood pressure, then Cyclosporin may be substituted by another drug.

5. If your Blood pressure is not controlled even after that, then an anti hypertensive drug may be started after a detailed evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query and do let me know if you have any further queries. Please accept my answer if there are no further queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra