Is masturbation safe after herniation removal surgery?

Is it safe to masturbate 2 days after a discectomy?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 11 minutes later
Hi ,

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Why was Discectomy done in you and where exactly was it?
2.) Do you have problem urinating?
3.) Do you have Burning sensation while passing urine?

I would like to let you know that Masturbation is absolutely healthy and it won't have any effect on your health and fertility. Do it only when you are sexually aroused, around twice or thrice a week.

If you don't experience any problem while urinating and if your overall health is fine, you can masturbate and there is no issues with that.

Resume your Daily Activities gradually, Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Follow-up: Is masturbation safe after herniation removal surgery? 1 hour later
I had herniated disc at the L5 to S2 section. Surgery was performed to remove the herniation. I have no problems urinating and I am not feeling any burning sensation during urination. My surgeon instructed that I should resume activites such as sports, bending/twisting/lifting, sex etc. after 6 weeks. However, I was not able to ask if it is safe to masturbate before the 6 weeks recovery period. I had my surgery 2 days ago and I was just wondering if it is safe.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 13 minutes later

Thank you for writing back to me.

There is no harm in Masturbating. By saying that you can resume your activities after a six week break, your Doctor means no Heavy duty work or exertional activities which would put stress on your back or would cause the wound getting infected.

You can Masturbate as per your convenience, see to it that you wouldn't over exert yourself. Masturbation is absolutely safe.

Hope this answers your Query.

Wish you troublefree and speedy recovery.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.