Is lump under my right arm caused due to estrogen and progesterone oil shots during pregnancy?

I'm 41. I'm 16 weeks pregnant after ivf. I took estrogen for 12 weeks and just disco progesterone oil shots QD last night. I have had a lump under my right arm in the middle of armpit for three weeks. Can these meds cause this? I'm seeing my ob Monday.
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: These drugs are unlikely to cause a lump Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this lump that you observed. I am very happy to know you had a successful IVF and looking forward to a successful pregnancy and delivery. The drugs used after IVF simply reproduce what happens during early pregnancy and should not cause such a finding lest all pregnant women would go down with it. A swelling in the armpit can be caused by a swollen lymph node, abscess, accessory breast tissue(during pregnancy, as the breast increases in a size,persons with accessory breast tissue in the armpits observe a swelling, too), etc. However, it would be difficult to make a final call as to what the exact problem is without examination. I will suggest you report this to your OBGYN and let him/her examine it and provide more information on this. There is no emergency to go in earlier. Just use the scheduled visit to get this addressed, too. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health and above a healthy pregnancy and a successful delivery, Dr. Ditah, MD.