Is lower abdominal pain, cold sweat, mild shaking and racing pulse caused because of PCOS?

Mar 2013
Yesterday, I got an intense pain in my lower abdomen, then I broke into a cold sweat, mild shaking, and my pulse was racing. I thought it might be menstrual cramps, but it was way more intense than anything I had felt before. I do have diagnosed you think I might have had a cyst or something? What should I do? Am I going to be okay? Today, I am still experiencing a more minor form of that pain, but without the other symptoms.
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: AS BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. With PCOS, the ovaries have multiple small follicle like cysts, none of them are generally too big to cause pain or to rupture. Can you tell me about the details of your periods ? - When was your last menstrual period , and normal cycle length and duration ? It could be a pregnancy related event - a miscarriage, chemical pregnancy or an ectopic pregnancy ? It could be an ovarian cyst ( follicular, endometriotic cyst ) that might have ruptured and haemorrhaged ( bled inside the abdomen ). Also, the onset of gastroenteritis ( a stomach bug ) can often be this way. Was it on the right side , in that case appendicitis is a distinct possibility . If the intense pain recurs, go to the ER for an evaluation. Otherwise, please schedule an appointment with a gynecologist and have a thorough internal evaluation - per speculum and per vaginum. Also a pelvic transvaginal ultrasound scan, as well as abdominal scan. Get hormone levels done - FSH, LH, TSH, Prolactin, OGTT, Lipid profile. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.