Is light head pressure possibly due to stress or weather changes?

Question
For the last few days I've been having this light head pressure. It's not a headache. I have no history of migraine. There's no pain on either side of the head. The pressure on my head is making me feeling tired and fatigue. I feel nausea like needing to vomit at times. I'm not sure if this is due to stress or weather. Please advised. Thanks.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX

By the symptoms mentioned, it does seem that it could be due to stress.

In case, along with the above mentioned symptoms you have nasal congestion, and blockage, cough etc, it could be due to a minor viral infection (Flu).

You might benefit by taking symptomatic medications Dramamine - to reduce the nausea.

In addition rest for a few hours will help you get refreshed and resolve your symptoms.

In addition, keep yourself well hydrated and have proper nutrition.

Hope I have answered your query.

If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them

Follow-up: Is light head pressure possibly due to stress or weather changes? 1 hour later
I don't have any of other cold symptoms. Just pressure on my head and feeling nausea at times. I did had these similar symptoms last month but it went away for a few weeks. The weather where I live has been hot and cold for the last few days. I don't know if this could be weather related from a flu. Should this be a concern?

Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 13 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Changes in weather are highly associated with viral infections (flu) and result in minor symptoms like aches and pains.

But most of these symptoms are self limiting and resolve soon with time.

Symptomatic medications when taken as adviced will be helpful in your case, and there is no need for concern.

I hope this helps.

Follow-up: Is light head pressure possibly due to stress or weather changes? 5 hours later
If stress related, can these symptoms last for couple days? I've had these symptoms for about 5 days now.

Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 20 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Severe stress can cause reduced immune status and can result in symptoms as long as the causative stress factor lasts.

This duration can vary and in predisposed individuals, it can last for a week or more.

I hope this helps.

Follow-up: Is light head pressure possibly due to stress or weather changes? 2 days later
My symptoms hasn't gone away. I've tried getting plenty of rest but it just seem to help a little only. I still feel nausea and dizzy. I don't know if this is related to stress or something else. I had these symptoms back in November 2010 and had a blood test done. The blood test came back normal. Should I get another blood test done again? Will it just go away on its own?

Hello XXXXXXX

Since the same symptoms which appear to be benign have reappeared, there is no need to worry.

They are almost alway transient symptoms and will go away soon, as it did before.

You can benefit by medications like MECLIZINE (which are OTC at most places). They will help the dizziness and nausea.

Have patience and keep your self well hydrated with adequate rest, you will soon be normal.

I hope this helps.