Is kidney cancer and uterine cancer interrelated?

I had a radical nephrectomy last year for a kidney with 2 tumors in it. All margins were clear and I am supposed to be fine. However, uterine cancer is prevalent in my family and I have just been diagnosed with early stage uterine cancer. I believe these are two totally different cancers but is there any chance they could be related? My renal cancer was clear cell grade 2. I have not yet seen the surgeon but will be having the totally hysterectomy as soon as I can. Thank you for any ifno...
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Two separate cancers Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Renal cell carcinoma metastasis occurs usually into the lymph nodes, lung, bones, liver and brain, it does not involve the uterus. They are two seprate cancers and the ideal way to deal with uterine cancer is to undergo hystrectomy as soon as possible. Please approach a surgeon without delay. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards
Follow-up: Is kidney cancer and uterine cancer interrelated? 14 hours later
How can I be sure it is only a stage 1. That is from the endometrial biopsy. Does the cancer itself change as it progresses? I know they cant tell everything until they do the surgery to see how far it has advanced into the walls of the uterus. She called it early endometrial cancer...can I trust this diagnosis and the fact that the hysterectomy will cure me? or get rid of the cancer?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 24 hours later
Brief Answer: Need to know the report Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for getting back to me I am sorry for the short delay in reply, I was on call at my hospital You can be sure it is of stage 1 if it has involved only your uterus and your cervix is free of the cancer. Cancer will progress if you do not get operated. However I am not convinced about her diagnoses of 'early endometerial cancer', if she meant endomertrial hyperplasia by that then it is good news as it has a very good prognosis. To be sure I want you either attach or type out the pathology report if possible. I would like to add here that if the endomterial cancer is stage 1 then the prognosis is very good. I hope I was of help Regards
Follow-up: Is kidney cancer and uterine cancer interrelated? 41 minutes later
I have uploaded the ultrasound report as well as the biopsy report. Thank you for any information you can give me. I know the final word will not be known until after surgery and the final biopsies. I see the surgeon next week and am told the surgery will be before the end of February....usually within a week or two of seein the surgeon.....thank you again..Diane
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Very good prognosis Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for replying with results Your test results says you have FIGO stge 1 adenocarcinoma which means that it is mostly confined only to the uterus, the prognosis of these patients are extremely good. For example at our set up more than 90% of the patients with FIGO stage 1 are still doing well after 5 years of therapy. I advice you stay positive as you have been detected to have the disease very early I wish you all the best Regards
Follow-up: Is kidney cancer and uterine cancer interrelated? 31 minutes later
You mentioned you think this stage calls for therapy after the surgery? I know it depends on the results of the final biopsies but I am hoping for surgery and no more treatment. I hope that is not too much to expect. And thank you for your understanding and your encouragement.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Depends on the depth of the cancer into the uterus Detailed Answer: Hello Patients with endometrial cancer who have localized disease are usually curable by hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy ( that is removal of uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries). When there deep invasion of the myometrial muscle [50% of the depth], adjuvant radiotherapy has shown better results in the form of lesser recurrence. Please speak to your surgeon on treatment options. I would like to add here that since there are so many options in the treatment of cancer each institute follows a particular protocol based on guidelines and their own institutional experience. I am sure they will try and do the best possible treatment for you. Have an active discussion with your surgeon before taking the step. I hope I was of help Regards