Is it serious to have enlarged lymph node in neck with normal blood reports?

Sep 2013

Hello Dr Het XXXXXXX Bishnoi, I had a blood test last week after I found an enlarged lymph node in my neck. My doctor said that my results were 'fine'. However, when I requested a copy of my results from the surgery, it appears that three tests (total white blood cells, haemoglobin, MCH) are over the safe range? I have attached a copy of my results for you. Can you tell me if there is anything i should be concerned about here (not just in relation to the lump, but in general), and if I should go back to my doctor? Thank you, XXXX.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: WBC ,HB,MCH value . Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for the query . Usually enlarged lymph node is due to chronic infection and in that case usually there develops high ESR , WBC . In your case E S R is 2 mm/hour ,so need not to worry at all . White blood cells count is 10.53 ( 4-0-10-0) ,slightly high but non specific .In many books this value is actually 4-11. Hemoglobin 182 (120-180) ,this is also in normal range , however upper limit, but not at all a cause of concern. MCH i.e. mean corpuscular hemoglobin 32.2 (27.5-32). High level of hemoglobin is due to MCH ( mild high ) . Again according to few books as XXXXXXX test book , this level is 26.0-34.0pg/cell. In my opinion your all reports are absolutely within normal range . This is not a cause of concern as for general health. In my opinion at present you are healthy according to this report . Hope this information will be helpful for you. Further any question I will help. Good luck for you. Dr. HET