Is it serious to have enlarged lymph node in neck with normal blood report?

Hello Dr Vachharajani, I had a blood test last week after I found an enlarged lymph node in my neck. My doctor said that my results were 'fine'. However, when I requested a copy of my results from the surgery, it appears that three tests (total white blood cells, haemoglobin, MCH) are over the safe range? I have attached a copy of my results for you. Can you tell me if there is anything i should be concerned about here (not just in relation to the lump, but in general), and if I should go back to my doctor? Thank you, XXXX.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Normal report with minor variation. Detailed Answer: Hi, XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. I studied your blood report and my impression is it is absolutely normal report and so nothing to worry. The three tests (total white blood cells, haemoglobin, MCH) are over the safe range. This is a normal variation and it has no significance. You might be having chronic lymphadenitis in the neck and nothing to worry. Blood report has nothing to do with neck gland enlargement and in general health also no problem for concern. Your doctor correctly told that report is fine. I hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please write back. Ok and take care.