Is it safe to use mtp kit for abortion purpose?

Hi doctor,
I want my abortion. Is it safe to use the mtp kit. i have used it before .
Posted Fri, 18 Jan 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
You can use MTP kit for the abortion purpose.
Each pack of MTP kit contains 5 tablets - 
1 tablet of Mifepristone…200 mg 
4 tablets of Misoprostol, each containing Misoprostol…200 mcg

MTP Kit is indicated for the medical termination of intrauterine pregnancy up to 63 days of gestation. For purposes of this treatment, pregnancy is dated from the first day of the last menstrual period in a presumed 28 days cycle with ovulation occurring at mid-cycle.
The duration of pregnancy may be determined from menstrual history and by clinical examination. Ultrasonographic scan should be used if the duration of pregnancy is uncertain, or if ectopic pregnancy is suspected.
Any intrauterine device [“IUD”] should be removed before treatment with mifepristone and misoprostol begins. 

The dosage is mifepristone 200 mg orally followed 1–3 days later by misoprostol 800 mcg vaginally or orally.

The patient should return for a follow-up visit approximately 14 days after the administration of mifepristone. This visit is very important to confirm by clinical examination or ultrasonographic scan that a complete termination of pregnancy has occurred.If MTP kit fails,then surgical termination of pregnancy is recommended.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Is it safe to use mtp kit for abortion purpose? 28 minutes later
hi doctor,

Can you please tell me how to use it and at what time.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 15 minutes later
You take it as I told you above.
One tablet of mifepristone followed by 4 tablets of misoprostol after 48 hours.
However it is always better to talk to your doctor before its use.