Is it safe to use allergy drops for constant ringing and fluid behind ears?

Excellent

Question
fluid behind ears 10 years or more no infection constant sinus problems, sore thorat , ears do not hurt but feel presure and constant ringing Do the allery drops work
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes ma'am, if you have an allergy it will help Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Yes, the allergy drops certainly do work, but as long as your condition is caused due to an allergen, and not an infection. i.e. if your condition is an allergy, then the allergy drops will certainly help. Please do let me know which drops you intend on using, and do also confirm if this is for the ears? I would also like to recommend drops which can be used for excess wax or fluid accumulation in the ears. They contain the active ingredient carbamide peroxide. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications ma'am, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.

Follow-up: Is it safe to use allergy drops for constant ringing and fluid behind ears? 23 hours later
Thank you for your response. I am told that I have allergies. I have an app. with a doctor that treats allergies and uses the drops. The thing I am not sure of is the assocation of allergies and fungus. I am now being treated for a fungus on my neck however I itch all over with redness that comes and go. I think my real problem is an all over body fungus. The reason is when I get hot I have an unusal rash that looks like a raised sunburn that itches and last for a few days and then goes away. I really do not feel that it is an infection but fungus. I guess it sounds a little crazy.

Brief Answer: A physical examination will help ma'am Detailed Answer: Hello once again ma'am. Please do not feel uncomfortable to explain how you feel to me, there is not one doctor on this forum who will judge you. We are all here only to help. I can understand how a fungus infection could cause such discomfort, but what I don't understand is how a general body fungal infection can go undiagnosed an left untreated. If your doctor physically examines you, I am sure he/she will be able to diagnose the infection. Now let me explain why anti-histamines are used when fungal infections are diagnosed. This is because the fungus is recognized by the body as a foreign substance and thus the body react to it resulting in an allergic reaction. For this reason, along with anti-fungal medication even anti-histamines are required. If indeed there is a fungus all over your body, systemic anti-fungal medication along with topical application will surely help. You can discuss the same with your doctor ma'am. I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.