Is it safe to travel 300 km in 8th month of pregnancy ?

I am 8 months pregnant and my due date is 12 July.

I am currently staying at my husband's place(jodhpur) and I am planning to have the delivery at my mom's place(bikaner which is 300 kms from Jodhpur).

Since we are indians, we follow all rituals, so I can only go to my mom's place on 15th XXXXXXX

Before that, I want to go there and XXXXXXX the doctors and then come back in a weeks time. Is it a good idea or bad idea to travel 6 hours in train tomorrow and then come back after 1 week. And then finally go back on 15th June?

Please advise.
Posted Wed, 20 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 7 minutes later

First of all congratulations to the parents to be.

I think the idea is not good.

There is no need to visit bikaner at present and XXXXXXX the doctors in advance. Again this will not serve any purpose. You can consult doctors where you want to deliver, when you are there in XXXXXXX

Once at present things are fine and normal, this not needed.

Normally at this stage of pregnancy any unnecessary travel needs to be avoided.

I hope this helps you in taking an informed decision.

Wishing you all the best for the time to come.