Is it safe to take primolutin while breastfeeding?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Can i have primolutin 5mg while breastfeeding my 6mnths baby. I feel like my periods starting and i should avoid as we have a cermony for next10 days from today.pls advice if any harm for my baby. She is also given solids too cerelac..
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Better avoid Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to healthcare magic. Hormonal tablets are not advisable during breast feeding. It is known to have side effects on the baby like poor weight gain. There are 2 options for you 1) there are specific pills however like progesterone only pills which can be given safely. You need to consult your gynecologist for further assistance and prescription of the right pill to be used. 2) You can try formula with cerelac and avoid breastfeeding totally for the 10 days when you are taking primolutin. Hope I answered your query. Regards Dr Arun