Is it safe to take hydroxeurea for chronic myelomonocytic leukemia?
User rating for this question
Is Hydroxeurea advised for people over 60 with Cmml? Can this drug kill?
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Blood Cancer(Leukemia)
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that Hydroxyurea is the drug of choice to control cell proliferation and to reduce organomegaly in patients with CMML. The drug choice depends on the staging of cancer and othe comorbidities so treatment is always individualised . Hydroxy urea is a widely used drug and it cannot kill someone . It can lead to nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, constipation, mucositis, alopecia most commonly . There exist a risk for leukemia but that is very low. Keep faith in your treating doctor as he is the best judge for your situation . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Is it safe to take hydroxeurea for chronic myelomonocytic leukemia? 15 minutes later
cmml is leukemia so how can a drug be prescribed that causes leukemia to a patient already diagnosed with it????
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Hydroxyurea has been used primarily for the treatment of myeloproliferative diseases, which has an inherent risk of transforming to acute myeloid leukemia that is it can convert it to to active form but long term studies show that the risk is negligible . Dr. Shruti
People also viewed
- Is it safe to take hydroxeurea for chronic myelomonocytic leukemia
- Can i take hydrea for leukemia, chronic granulocytic ?
- Is marijuana good for leukemia
- Leukemia no bowel movements
- Armpit tenderness sign of pregnancy
- Chronic neutrophilic leukemia causes
- Treating leukemia with baking soda
- Neck nerve damage numb armshands
- Itchy rash on armsneck
- Why patient with chronic leukemia the stool be come very dark
- Leukemia vomitting
- Rashes on armsweeping rashes
- Men rash under armpitsore nip
- Hashimotos disease and chronic leukemia
- Chronic myelogenous leukemia causes