Is it safe to take height increasing pills?

Hi mr Doctro, I am 22 years old and I am not happy with my height, so I found a website online selling pills that are told that helps to gain height. Do you recommend taking these pills? if so please recommend me one
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your question.

A person can grow taller only if the ends of the long bones are not fused with the shaft of the bone. These usually get fused by 17-18 years of age.
Since you are already 22 years old, they would have got fused by now and you can confirm it by x-rays.

Having said that there are no pills available which are scientifically proven to increase the height.
All these advertised on websites are just scams and do not believe them.

I hope that answers your question.

If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini