Is it safe to take flu shot at the start of winter when suffering from asthma?

I have asthma all winter long It gets bad from any change in weather with sometimes sever face and head pressure I use albuterol and pred 20mg today can I die if I get the flu shot? or make asthma sever ? I use to get one every year but my new doctor would not give me one he said it would make asthma worse? I don't understand i am 45 year old male
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: take it before starting winter Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query. I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today. yes, it is advisable that flu shot should be taken at the start of winter. At the peak of winter, some time chance of flu is more which may aggravate the breathing issue. My advice is to avoid flu vaccination this time. and take it a new one at the start of winter next year Hope this helps and provides answers to your question. I wish you good health. Dr. Alok
Follow-up: Is it safe to take flu shot at the start of winter when suffering from asthma? 9 hours later
I am not sick I still have asthma and sinus pressure at the start of winter just as I have now so I should not get a shot even not being sick or are you saying chance of having the flu at this time?
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 12 hours later
Brief Answer: can take during mild infection or disease Detailed Answer: Hi Asthma and sinus pressure are not contraindication for flu vaccination. Until unless you have fever or moderate or severe infection, you can take vaccine