Is it safe to take 'Dexona' during pregnancy?

Infertility Specialist
Hi Im planning to get pregnant from past 2 months but unsuccessful. Also Doctor advised me to reduce my weight to get conceived easily since I have PCOD. This month along with other fertility tablets Doctor prescribed "DEXONA" tablet for 30 days. I searched net and found that people planning for pregnancy should not use this. Can any one tell me if this is safe to be used? I already have taken hsg test...and the reports told that my tubes are blockage. Im using Goodova from Day2-6, estrobuild from D3-7 daily twice and Duphaston from Day16-25. Please let me know if I can take DEXONA?
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dont take dexona Detailed Answer: Hi, It is not advisable not to take dexona which is a steroid. It is not necessary and will increase body weight. Hence please avoid that medicine. Since you are only 27 years old there are good chances of you getting pregnancy since your other hormones are normal. Please get your husband's semen analysis also. Let me know if there are anymore doubts. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility
Follow-up: Is it safe to take 'Dexona' during pregnancy? 6 minutes later
The Doctor told me that I have only ovulation problem and advised husband's semen analysis. Im not understanding why the doctor advised DEXONA :( Any idea? Moreover the doctor asked me to reduce weight but DEXONA increases the weight.Should I ask the doctor itself?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: abortions prevention? Detailed Answer: Hi, your doctor has prescribed dexona probably to prevent abortions as some doctors give it to prevent recurrent abortions. Anyway you tell doctor to stop it. Get husband's semen analysis as it is important. You can also consider going to a better infertility consultant. Regards
Follow-up: Is it safe to take 'Dexona' during pregnancy? 5 minutes later
Are the other tablets which I mentioned above are safe? Also I had follicular study done in the first month of pregnancy planning and the reports are good saying that the follicle ruptured on 17th day. On 15th day I took hucog 5000 injection. I took it for 2 months continuously on day 15. This month I was not asked to take it. Also first 2 months I took Fertylsuper from D2-6 but this month I was asked to take GoodOva from D2-6. Is it ok?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi The other tablets are fine. You are on right track with regard to follicular monitoring and rupture. Keep doing the same. Regards