Ask a Urologist   »  

Is it safe to take Citralka for burning sensation in urinary track and how much should be taken?

Question
hello i am XXXXXXX .i am having burning in the urinary Track my friend suggested me to take citralka.....can i take this and how much should I take .I have not done any test till now
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, you can take. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for the query, Yes, you can take this syrup, it is a urine alkalizer, and it will reduce the burning. However, if the burning while passing urine persists, then you should consult your doctor for examination and for relevant tests like, CBC, Urine exam. Hope this answers your question, please do write back if you have any doubts. Wishing you good health. Warm regards.

Follow-up: Is it safe to take Citralka for burning sensation in urinary track and how much should be taken? 8 hours later
How much ml do I take

Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 26 hours later
Brief Answer: 5 ml in half a glass of water, 2 times a day. Detailed Answer: Hello Ms XXXXXXX Thanks for the followup. You can take 5ml(1 tsp) in half a glass of water, twice a day. That should be sufficient. Regards.