Is it safe to take Cardizem after taking Requip for restless legs?

I am having a case beyond normal of my restless legs. I'd like to share a bit about my condition and what I am and have taken to see if it is ok or not for me to take an additional prescription without negative sign effects. I have dermatomyositis that gives me several days of aches in a specific muscle group and then no aches for a couple weeks. For restless legs I take requip 8mg xr along with requip 2mg for the more intense nights or break through symptoms. I take 10 mg flexeril if needed for the all over muscle aches which are sometimes only in one area or another. I've also been given 30mg Cardizem to take for leg cramps. Last night - about 10 hours ago I took 8mg Requip XR and a Requip 2mg regular rls. Then about an hour ago I took another 2mg Requip regular rls, and a 10 mg flexeril. Would there be an interaction, or is it safe for me to take one of the 30 mg Cardizem? I'm in need of relief, I've had very little sleep. Thank you so much.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Cardizem can be safely be taken Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day There is no Interaction and you can safely take Cardizem. Let me describe the class of drugs and explain further. Requip( Generic name is Ropinirole), is a selective Dopamine 2 and 3 receptor agonist. Its an anti-parkinsonism drug approved for use in restless leg syndrome. Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) is closely related to the tricyclic antidepressants and has no interaction with Ropinirole. There is no cause for concern. Cardizem( Generic name Diltiazem) is an calcium channel blocker anti-hypertensive agent useful in management of Restless leg syndrome. It has no interaction with the above to drugs. These three drugs act by different mechanism and their effects may be synergistic. For your further information The following medicines may interact with ReQuip: cimetidine ciprofloxacin enoxacin fluvoxamine levodopa metoclopramide sulpiride antipsychotics cytochrome P450 enzyme inhibitors dopamine antagonists dopaminergics hormone replacement therapy oestrogens Rest be assured there is no cause for concern. Take Care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS,MD Clinical Pharmacologist