Is it safe to prevent pregnancy after 3 months of intake of primolut?

Excellent
Question
Doc is it safe for me not to get pregnant after 3 mos. of regular intake of primolut then i stopped it the 3rd month after having my period and my period in 3 mos. of taking primolut is regular but this month of december my epected date is this 10th day of the month but until now i still don't have my period, im expecting to have my period this 10th day of the month but my husband and i have an intercourse twice on 6th day of month is still safe doc?
Posted Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 29 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Primolut is given for regularisation of menstruation. It can create anovulatory phase but they are not as protective as combined oral contraceptive pills.
So it is not safe to prevent pregnancy after 3 months of intake of primolut.
However you should not be pregnant as you had sex in safe period.
For confirmation get your urine pregnancy test done with pregnancy kit available at pharmacy.
I hope your query has been answered.

Follow-up: Is it safe to prevent pregnancy after 3 months of intake of primolut? 10 minutes later
Doc Am i safe that day when we have intercourse with my husband? And if I'm going to have my Pregnancy test now is it reliable to get the result now? or when is the right time to get my pregnancy test?

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 16 minutes later
Welcome back.
As your period was expected on 10th day of this month & you had sex on 6th day of month means you were in safe period & chances of pregnancy are almost nil.
However for confirmation get your pregnancy test done right now (this one is the right time to do it).
Thank you.

Follow-up: Is it safe to prevent pregnancy after 3 months of intake of primolut? 8 minutes later
Thanks you doc i will do it now..

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 7 minutes later
Hope for the Best.
If you are satisfied with my answer please close the discussion.
Dr.Monika

Follow-up: Is it safe to prevent pregnancy after 3 months of intake of primolut? 33 minutes later
doc again iv'e done my urine pregnancy test the result is negative do i still need to repeat it or no need? thanks again doc.. i just really want to be clear.

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome back.
If pregnancy test is negative nothing to worry.
Wait for 2-3 days if still don't get period, take primolut 10mg twice a day for 5 days.
After 5 days course of primolut you will get your period.
Take Care.