Is it safe to make tattoo over a burn scar?

is it ok to tattoo over a burn scar i know this is a strange question i got burnt by a chip pan fire down my back and arm and i want to incorparate it into a design to stop staring or at least stop being so self concious i thank you in advance for your time
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 4 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Generally, the longer a scar has been present, the better the result will be. Though there is no formal medical research on the subject of tattooing over scars, the general consensus in the tattooing industry is that a scar should be at least a year old before it is tattooed over, and even longer for especially XXXXXXX or slow-healing scars.
Certain types of scarring such as keloids should not be tattooed because the tattoo needle can actually aggravate the keloid, triggering further inflammation. If you are prone to keloids, you should avoid tattooing completely since there is a chance of more keloids forming on the tattooed area.
It is important to find an experienced tattoo artist who will know how to properly evaluate the scar tissue and make informed suggestions on the most effective types of designs and colors to utilize in order to best camouflage the scar and somehow even incorporate it into the design.
It is difficult to comment without examination so i advice you to seek out an experienced tattoo artist familiar with tattooing over scars. I sincerely hope that helps.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care