Is it safe to have unprotected sex if both partners are symptoms free and has no STD?

If a woman a man is having unprotected sex with and has no known std's and she has no symptoms of a trichomonas infection and the man is symptom free would it be safe to assume that all is ok no trichomonas is present?
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
If both the partners are symptom free, are in a monogamous relation, have been tested in the past for absence of any STDs, then it can be safely assumed that you both are safe and there is no Trichomonas infection present. However there are a few infections like Herpes that can be asymptomatic and lay dormant for years.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.