Is it safe to have an injection in the nose to open eustachian tubes?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
What danger or side effect is there to having an injection in the nose to open estachian tubes? Also is this injection the same as taking prednisone? I'm at the doctors office now so can't wait 24 hrs! Quicker response would be appreciated since I'm about to have the inject
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 37 minutes later
If this is properly done then there is no any other side effects then those one which can appear by taking medicines orally or by nasal sprays. But it is doubtful is it useful to take this shot if the same medicine can be taken by more pleasant way. Only if you find important that you need to open eustachian tube immidiately for some reason.